|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £47000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Software Engineer required to join a globally recognised defence company in the Havant area. They are a leading provider of Systems Engineering, Software Development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commerical projects.
The Software Engineer will be providing maths skills and converting academic research into commercial products.
On offer for the Software Engineer:
- Salary up to £47,000 depending on experience
- A competitive benefits package
- 9 day working fortnight
- Career progression
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to programmes as used by Military and Commercial customers. Responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:
- Design and develop software from requirements.
- Transfer knowledge and techniques from academic research into commercially viable software.
- Support Systems Engineering in analysis and capture of requirements.
- Develop software requiring mathematical constructs and algorithms.
- Contribute towards identifying suitable software modelling and development tools.
- Provide estimates for work and contribute to the production of metrics to track progress.
- Support software development through the SDLC according to the Software Development Plan.
- Knowledge transfer - Be active in transferring knowledge to new contract and permanent staff, including documentation of design and code, user guides, white board sessions, seminars and 1-2-1 training.
The Software Engineer must have the experience / skillset that can cover:
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths or other subject relevant to the role.
- A desire to study new technologies and to provide working prototypes and demonstrations of new techniques.
- An understanding of optimisation of software design and code for speed, memory constraints, maintainability etc.
- Solid skills in C/C++.
- Good communication skills, able to design, arrange and deliver training sessions.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
As this position is going to be working within the Defence industry, the Software Engineer MUST be eligible for Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.