|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Software Engineer required for one of the world leading and most successful aerospace organisations, based in Southampton. My client are looking for someone to join their software team, working on a number of exciting and innovative projects, specialising within military safety, security and surveillance.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an established Software Engineer, who has experience of C++ programming and Qt cross-platform SDK. Succesful candidares will also have an understaning of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient.
On offer is a competitve salary of £40,000 - £50,000.
All applicants for this Software Engineer position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Key Skills for Software Engineer position -
- In-depth knowledge of C++ programming language.
- In-depth knowledge of Qt cross-platform SDK.
- An understanding of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient.
- Knowledge of MS Windows OS.
- Knowledge of QML user interface specification and programming language.
- Knowledge of Qt Quick library of types and functionality for QML.
- Knowledge of multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies (RTP, MPEG2-TS, H264).
- Knowledge of Linux OS (desktop and embedded).
- Knowledge of Radar systems.
- Knowledge of geographic mapping systems system.
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum software development processes.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please press 'apply now'
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.