|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
A Software Engineer is required for my client in Bristol to assist in the specification, design and implementation of control systems for naval projects. To assist in test and commissioning of control systems. The Software Engineer can expect a salary between £30,000 - £40,000 + some excellent benefits:
Group Personal Pension Scheme
Employee Share Scheme
Life Assurance (4x Salary)
Private Medical Insurance (Pmi)
o 25 Days Holiday Per Year
o 26 Days After 3 Years Service
o 27 Days After 5 Years Service
Sick Pay Entitlement - 15 Days
Child Care Vouchers
Personal Achievement Training
Due to the nature of the business you will need to be put through SC clearance, so please only apply if this is possible.
- To work with the software and hardware teams to specify DCS / PLC solutions for use on Naval projects.
- Participate in reviews of software code, documentation and contractual internal/external design reviews.
- Development and modification of DCS PLC logic to meet project requirements.
- Fault find and fix DCS PLC systems in test and operational environments.
- Create Test Description documents, perform test activities and produce Test Reports. This will include customer and supplier interaction and working on site.
- Assist planning to ensure tasks are completed within the allocated budget and meeting the project milestones.
- Produce and maintain software documentation ensuring full traceability of the software throughout the lifecycle
- To participate in the full software lifecycle for control systems software adhering to company process and procedure Managers: To gain and maintain a sufficient knowledge of the Company's Quality Management System to be able to ensure that the Company's quality requirements are appropriately met.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Engineering related discipline
- Familiarity with requirements and design documentation process. Competent in the use of Word and Excel.
- PLC Programming experience preferred
- GE Fanuc Rx3i PLC, Rockwell and Siemens S7 experience preferred
- Experience of High Availability / Survivability and Safety systems preferred
- Experience of software design and development process and standards
- Naval domain knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Doors, UML, SysML, Rhapsody, C++, C# and Visual Studio
So, if you have what it takes to be a Software Engineer and don't want to miss out on taking your career where you want it then apply now!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.