|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Buckinghamshire (6 month contract)
Software Engineer required to join a globally established defence company in the Buckinghamshire area. The company provides a variety of electronic products for military applications. The Software Engineer will support the software teams to develop current and future projects through all phases of the implementation lifecycle (design, programming, unit testing, integration and final verification). The initial projects of the Software Engineer will most likely be focussed on, but not constrained to, gun fire control systems and electro-optics systems.
On offer for the Software Engineer:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Initial 6 month contract (Potential of extension due to projects)
Key responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:
- Software development in accordance with company procedures and tools.
- Development and documentation of the Software Design, through Software Design and Interface Specifications.
- Writing and running Software Test Specifications.
- Attending regular project, schedule and risk reviews with the project manager and Team Leader
- Provide project input to project progress reports and meetings, engineering estimates to complete and input to risk identification and mitigation.
- Supporting Systems Integration and fault investigation,
- Software design using a combination of UML and free format word design document
- Working within an Agile environment contributing to daily scrums and backlog estimating
- Software\Hardware integration and debugging
- Fault analysis and resolution
- Software Design Proving and supporting Acceptance Tests
- Supporting Factory Acceptance Tests
- Supporting Integration Tests
- Supporting System Acceptance Trials.
Requirements of the Software Engineer include:
Essential for project - UML, Rhapsody, QNX, C++, CLI, .NET Forms development, Subversion, Jira and Visual Studio multi-threaded windows Human Computer Interface design.
Desirable for project - Network configuration and troubleshooting (TCP\UDP\IP\SNTP\IGMP), Hardware\Software Interfacing and Integration, digital video encoding techniques.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.