|Location: Wiltshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Location - Wiltshire + Hybrid Working
Contract Length - 6 Months
Software Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Wiltshire, although there is an opportunity to conduct the majority of work remotely in a home-based setting, who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Engineer to be an integral member of a small team responsible for developing, deploying and supporting the development of a number of projects.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
- Driving the development and testing of new features on new applications
- Development and integration of the REST API with the existing applications
- Taking an active role in an Agile-based development cycle, including daily team meetings and retrospectives, task estimation and prioritisation, planning, demonstration and reporting activities
- Managing software releases and ensuring that application issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Communicating on a daily basis with key internal and external stakeholders
What experience you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
- Solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience in using relational databases and Hibernate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material
- Excellent customer service skills
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.