|Location: London, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Software Engineer needed for a multinational defence and security organisation based in London. Our client is looking to employ an experienced Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of full lifecycle software testing, a strong Java background, an understanding of agile development methodology and ideally experience working in defence/aerospace/security environments.
Our client is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join their team in London, working within a rapidly growing environment. As part of a growing portfolio of work, the successful candidate will provide their expertise across a number of new and in-flight projects. Our client is a leading global security company providing innovative systems and products to customers worldwide.
The successful Software Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and performance-based progression
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- Private medical insurance
- And many more
Some of the main duties and responsibilities of the Software Engineer will include:
- You will be asked to support the team in scrum/agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business
- Design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Crafting and developing innovative software solution
- Java and use of object oriented design
- Working with a broad range of different technologies on the Java stack
- Working with a DevOps approach and associated tools.
To be the successful Software Engineer our client is ideally looking for the following:
- Strong Java Experience
- Experience of leading a test team
- Experience of Full lifecycle testing
- Experience of automated testing tools
- An understanding of the agile development methodology
- Commitment to an ethos of superior service and the ability to work effectively whilst
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid IT troubleshooting skills
- Commitment to working as a member of a team which responds flexibly to changing pressures and demands
- Experience in ITIL-based service management and support
- Experience of configuration control
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!