|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Software Engineer required for one of the world leading and most successful defence organisations, based in Southampton. My client are looking for someone to join their software team, working on a number of exciting and innovative projects, specialising within military safety, security and surveillance.
This is a fantastic 6 month contract opportunity for an established Software Engineer, who has experience of C++ programming and Qt cross-platform SDK. Succesful candidares will also have an understaning of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient.
All applicants for this Software Engineer position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
- To work as a software team member, designing, implementing, unit testing and documenting software systems on time and to budget that conform to our coding, architectural, quality and project reporting guidelines on an internal or a customer facing project.
- Software team lead responsible for the day-to-day tasking and tracking of the software development team's activities.
- Required to guide and train members of the software department in the utilisation of company BMS procedures.
- Regular liaison with the Software Engineering Manager to discuss priorities and issues/solutions.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual
Knowledge, skills and experience for Software Engineer position:
- In-depth knowledge of C++ programming language.
- In-depth knowledge of Qt cross-platform SDK
- An understanding of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient
- Knowledge of Windows OS
- Knowledge of QML user interface specification and programming language
- Knowledge of Qt Quick library of types and functionality for QML
- Knowledge of multi threaded applications
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies (RTP, MPEG2-TS, H264)
- Knowledge of Linux OS (desktop and embedded)
- Knowledge of Radar systems
- Knowledge of Mapping system
To apply for this exciting opportunity as a Software Engineer, please press 'apply now'.