|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £30000 - £34000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jodie Stevens||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Salary: up to £34,000
Software Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity working for a leading global defence, security & aerospace company.
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance
Benefits for the Software Engineer:
All employees recieve an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and competitive pension
Purpose of the Software Engineer:
As a Software Engineer, you will be working as part of the Product and Training Services (P&TS) Engineering Function that delivers all design, development, support to manufacturing and in-service support of radar products. You will be working on state-of-the-art radar products across naval and/or land based platforms.
Key responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
* Supporting the maintenance and further development and enhancement of one or more real-time software and hardware subsystems for various radar products
* Designing, reviewing, developing, testing, documenting, configuring and delivering real-time software products to the agreed standards and procedures using the specified requirements management and specification tools
* Testing software products sufficiently to ensure all requirements have been met and that software product quality has been maintained
* Investigating and resolving obsolescence issues and problems raised during any stage of the development lifecycle, including software and system integration, qualification, and in-service trials
* Ensuring the relevant Maritime Services software-related processes are employed through all stages of the software development lifecycle
* Participating in the estimating of bids to ensure that they capture all requirements, customer obligations and acceptance criteria, achievable solutions with acceptable levels of technical risk and conformance with company and product policies and standards
What you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
* Degree or equivalent in Computer Science (or closely related discipline)
* Knowledge of C or ADA programming language
* Experience of UML or similar high-level design methodology
* Software coding integration and testing skills
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career within the Aerospace industry.