|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £38000 - £52000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Software Engineer required to join a globally recognised defence company in the Havant area. They are a leading provider of Systems Engineering, Software Development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commerical projects. The company has recently won some large projects this year and is looking to expand to mee these requirements.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the Software Engineer provides support to programmes as used by Military and Commercial customers.
On offer for the Software Engineer is a permanent opportunity with the following benefits:
- Salary up to £52,000 depending on experience
- A competitive benefits package
- 9 day working fortnight
- Career progression
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:
- Work closely with suppliers to specify software and other deliverables into the company, and to complete programmes in line with scheduled milestones.
- Work with suppliers on schedules and budgets for delivering software and related documentation.
- Monitor suppliers' progress, escalating problems when appropriate, to ensure timely delivery.
- Devise suitable metrics and report status of programme work to Engineering Management.
- Ensure project milestones are hit, with all supporting data needed to pass gated milestones being provided accurately.
- Provide data to inform decisions on short and long-term staffing.
- Coach/mentor other Software Cognisant Engineers.
- Work with Engineering Management to define and maintain relevant processes.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure an integrated approach achievement of programme costs and schedule targets.
- Provide input to decisions on tools and processes appropriate to the role.
- Identify the need for and to propose assignments of a strategic nature when appropriate.
- Be responsible for the functional aspects of the delivered system, with attention on customer satisfaction.
- Take ownership of the SRD and other requirements documentation, review and approve supplier documentation, and work these through to sell off in accordance with programme milestones.
- Lead resolution of assigned defects, gather evidence and provide input to defect metrics and review boards.
- Support operational trials planning, data gathering and analysis.
- Provide input to subcontract programme management and cost estimation teams.
- Sponsor Change Requests and concessions through the Change Control Board.
- Review and approve limitations associated with the delivered system and assess impact to operation.
- Be a champion of teamwork and foster a team environment that encourages ownership and accountability across the functional membership.
The Software Engineer must have the experience / skillset that can cover:
- Knowledge and experience of complex embedded software systems.
- Experience of maritime or other military industries.
- Ability to work on multiple programmes.
- Familiarity with Software Safety and Software QA roles.
- Clear and concise communication/presentation skills to influence and invoke change within the organisation
As this position is going to be working within the Defence industry, the Software Engineer MUST be eligible for Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.