|Location: Dartford, Kent||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + Extensive Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Software Engineer needed for a leading Electronics Systems organisation based in Dartford who are looking to employ an experienced Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Software development.
The successful Software Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Annual Bonus Usually around 10%
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
What the role entails: This software engineer position will be focused on the development of the latest collision avoidance systems. The candidate will need broad knowledge of the software development process and of the relevant technologies.
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
* Development and management of codebases from initial development through to product release.
* Performance optimisation and benchmarking of embedded systems to meet requirements.
* Development and use of simulation and optimisation software.
* Evaluation and field testing in line with requirements and engineering specifications.
* Product verification and validation.
* Preparation of detailed documentation.
* Software development
* Embedded systems
* Organising, processing and analysing data
* Version control tools
In order to be the successful Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* BEng/BSc in Software, Electronic, Computer Science or similar or alternative educational background combined with solid professional experience
* High level of numeracy and literacy
* 3+ years' experience developing software
* Programming experience:
- Two or more of the following: C, C++, C#, MATLAB, Python.
- Experience programming on PIC, MSP430, STM32, Arduino, Raspberry Pi or similar.
- Experience programming on desktop environment.
* Writing clean, stable, reusable code:
- Version control tools
- Working to coding standards
- Code documentation
* Good debugging skills
* Experience working in a team
* Experience organising own work
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!