|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Software Developer needed for a security company based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Software Developer with knowledge of Java 8 or C# or C++.
Developing innovative software products across a number of defence system domains, including:
- Ground Base Air Defence and Automated Sense & Warn systems
- Fire Control and Mission Systems for UK MoD Armoured Fighting Vehicles
The position will be full-time within the existing highly experienced and agile team where you will have freedom to develop and expand your technical abilities whilst delivering highly innovative and exiting products that make a real difference to our armed services. Our product range includes both embedded and application software solutions giving real diversity in opportunities.
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but limited to; assisting with requirements analysis, software design, implementation, and software testing and will be required to support system integration and test activities.
What you need to be the successful Software Developer:
In order to be the successful Software Developer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Have hands on experience with Java 8 or C# or C++
- Full software development lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, test)
- Understanding of software design techniques using UML notation, specifically sequence diagrams, state-charts and class diagrams.
- A solid foundation of demonstrable successful experience in either embedded or application software development
- Understanding of threading and concurrent programming
- Knowledge and application of software configuration management including source control tools such as Mercurial or SVN.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Developer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Must be eligible for security clearance