|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Software Engineer needed for a Defence & Aerospace organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of ADA 95 and Software Development.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
- Providing oversight and engagement on the design and development of systems and ground-based training systems.
- Convert requirements into appropriate software design and code, documented in adherence to relevant standards.
- Lead the way on architectural decisions to create scalable solutions for business problems.
- Identify suitable software modelling and development tools and techniques.
- Provide estimates for work and contribute to the production of metrics to track progress.
- Ensure software is developed through the SDLC according to the relevant Software Development Plan.
- Develop software in accordance with requirements and agreed design, with consideration for software quality and future maintenance.
- Ensure code reviews are other quality-related activities are carried out by the Software team.
- Produce the required documentation for Software such as User Guides, Design Documents and Coding Standards.
- Ensure collaboration with other engineering disciplines to support requirements capture and testing of software.
- Ensure Configuration Management documentation is produced accurately.
- Work with Operational Excellence staff to identify improvements to processes and other ways of reducing costs.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry techniques and technologies, including those in academia where relevant, in order to assess viability for use.
- Be active in transferring knowledge to staff using documentation and modelling of design and code, user guides, development guides, white board sessions, seminars and 1-2-1 training.
- Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture and proposal phases.
- Working under consultative direction towards long-range goals and objectives.
- Support the Engineering management in writing processes, disseminating them and ensuring they are used to produce high quality software.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on Software technical research studies and applications.
What you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Solid skills in Ada 95.
- Ability to create a collaborative team environment and facilitate communication of ideas in an inclusive environment.
- Ability to work accurately from detailed System Specifications, Sub-System Specifications and Software Requirement Specifications, and to be able to trace requirements coverage.
- Ability to support testing and to resolve issues arising.
- Strong background in software development techniques including e.g. design patterns.
- A desire to learn new technologies and find creative solutions to complex technical and logistical problems.
- Clear and concise communication/presentation skills to influence and invoke change throughout the organisation, including liaising with other disciplines to ensure a joined-up approach to project challenges.
- Ability to proactively set the direction for use of new technologies and associated tools, and to develop roadmaps which have the support of relevant stakeholders
- Be able to guide the direction of work with minimal managerial direction, while working collaboratively in order to guide team-members and the organisation as a whole to implement change.
- Ability to synthesize requirements from internal/external customers and strategic imperatives into software solutions that take into account technical, schedule and cost constraints, as well as requirements to optimise software for speed, memory constraints, maintainability etc.
- Ability to proactively transfer knowledge and spread best practice to relevant staff, using a variety of media and communication techniques.
- Ability to interpret current practices and processes and recommend modifications.
- Ability to work with all levels of engineering, programme management and leadership in order to achieve the impact required.
- Ability to design metrics for work and to use them to track progress.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to produce innovative, technically compliant and cost-effective solutions.
Desired skill to be the successful Software Engineer:
- Experience of systems and training systems development.
- Experience with model-based software development (e.g. Enterprise Architect) and code generation.
- Comfortable leading and working with a small team of people
- UML and associated tools
- Machine Learning or other Artificial Intelligence.
- Agile Methodologies especially Scrum.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.