|Location: Stratford, London||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Software Engineer- Data Analysis/Automated Test tools
My client based near London, is looking for a Software Engineer, with strong Data analysis experience. Ideally have strong Python and automated test tool knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a background in Software and Hardware, with configuration experience, ideally with Raspberry Pis or similar. This would suit a person from a Devops, Data Scientist, Software Engineering background.
For this the are offering a salary of £50,000-£55,000 + some amazing benefits
Skills, experience and qualifications needed:
- Software specification, design, build, and management skills.
- Strong version and configuration management skills.
- Python, Perl, C#, database skills.
- System engineering or software engineering background.
- Experience of Testing & Commissioning.
- Engineering Degree (Software or Electrical Preferred) or equivalent
Primary Purpose of the Software Engineer
Work within the group as a specialised Tool and Automation Lead.
- The Tools and Automation lead will use software and other engineering/technical skills to specify, design, build, validate, and maintain bespoke tools to support tasks. This may include:
- Automated Test Tools.
- Data Analysis tools.
- Bespoke Logging devices, typically using cheap Single Board Computers, such as Raspberry Pis or similar.
- Test beds of various types, some to test the clients deliverables others to test specific aspects of the system.
The ideal Software Engineer will control various bespoke tools from inception to decommissioning, including any tools that are developed by the rest of the team or third parties. This does not include COTS or open source tools, but the software engineer will be expected to assist in tool selection.
- Software Engineer may be asked to provide technical leadership as part of a larger integration and testing effort, this may include:
- Developing pragmatic strategies for the automation and analysis of integration and test efforts.
- Long term and sustained leadership of tools and automation within the team.
- Challenging and or improving the generally accepted methodologies and/or procedures.
- Mentorship and teaching of other members in tool and automation development.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks of the Software Engineer:
- Develop, document, and perform Informal and formal Integration and Formal System Test tools for use within a SelTrac project.
- Specify, design, build, validate, and maintain bespoke tools to support tasks.
- Provide advanced technical leadership for fault investigation/rectification and test activities using software and hardware tools as required. This may include providing technical leadership to other staff from different teams within the department, from other departments, or sub-contractors. The Tool and Automation Lead may have to present plans and findings to upper management and other projects in a professional and compelling manner.
- Acts as a mentor and/or instructor to more junior members of the teams on a consistent and sustained basis.
- Works with the test team and design teams to develop novel approaches to problems encountered in the field.
- Carryout problem solving to effect positive change with respect to quality, costs, test cycle reductions and ease of test.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with appropriate LU personnel to the benefit of the project.
- Work closely with external groups on a technical level.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.