|Location: Berkshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Software Engineer / Developer
My client is a leading renowned supplier of products, systems and services for the commercial airline industry and military aerospace. My client is looking for a Software Engineer / Developer to join a large and experienced team to help drive customer driven functionality forward within an 'Agile' engineering development environment.
Principal responsibilities of a Software Engineer / Developer
Software Development Lifecycle - Analyze stakeholder's needs, design, code, test and document software solutions and contribute to overall system integration and architecture. Estimate track and report development progress. Engineer software solutions where the principal technology focus is object-oriented techniques, based on C++ and C# on Microsoft Windows. Support ongoing efforts to transition software solutions into a web service environment.
Continuous Improvement - Foster co-operation and positivity through collaboration not just within the IME team but other engineering departments.
Value Driven Approach - Ensure software solutions are developed in line with the customer and stakeholders needs. Approach tasks with consideration for alternative solutions to the status quo.
Process - Understand and utilize internal processes and tools for the development of software. Demonstrate an understanding of milestones and budgets and an ability to work within those, taking corrective action when problems occur.
Quality - Take responsibility for the quality of software produced, and display an ability to use best practice to support that. Participate in design reviews, code reviews and unit testing, displaying an openness to improve the quality of own work and that produced throughout the department
Knowledge, skills and experience of a Software Engineer / Developer
Essential Key Skills of a Software Engineer / Developer:
- Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent software development industry experience
- Experience and understanding of C++ and C# programming languages
- Database development experience e.g. Oracle, SQL, Postgres
- Excellent communication skills and a self-organising approach
- Active SC clearance
Desirable Skills of a Software Engineer / Developer:
- Ability to travel Internationally
- Proactive and positive attitude towards continuous improvement
- Knowledge and/or experience of working within an agile software development environment e.g. SCRUM, Kanban
- Working within Web Service environments such as AWS
- Experience with Linux development languages
- Ability to liaise with external customers to better understand their requirements
- Architectural considerations during software development
- Experience with Microsoft tooling including TFS and Visual Studio as well as Atlassian tools e.g. JIRA
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer / Developer to progress in their career so please apply quickly to be considered!
All applicants moving forward for the Software Engineer / Developer position must have obtained security clearance up to SC level.