|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Software Engineering / Agile Coach
As part of an exciting and ongoing Agile transformation engagement we are looking for someone to provide technical coaching and consultancy around software engineering best practices to Feature Delivery Squads, who are just starting their Agile journey.
This role will include:
- Guiding and coaching the Squad where necessary in:
- Engineering industry best practices (clean code, design patterns, SOLID, 12-factor app, code reviews, etc)
- Agile ways of working (there will be a dedicated Agile Coach though)
- Guiding and coaching Squad Leads on Servant-Leadership approaches
- Work with on the ground Squads to understand and agree areas of improvement for the backlog
- Working with our QA Lead to coordinate best practices around Quality Assurance and Shift Left principles
- Working with the transformation team to help develop a Capability Maturity Model (CMM) around engineering practices
The role will require interacting with multiple Squads on a rolling basis, and it is important that the candidate has a consultancy mindset (Assess, Advise and Assist when asked, rather than take over and do)
Technical competency in the following areas is required
- Java 8+ - required
- ReactJS - required
- Angular - nice to have
- TDD - nice to have
- DevOps pipelines (Jenkins, K8S, Helm etc) - nice to have
- C++ is a bonus
The engagement will be for 3 months initially, with a high probability of extension.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.