|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Salary - Can not be advertised
Greenford, Wembley - permanent
Software Lead needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within defence & aerospace based in Greenford. The candidate must be eligible for DV Clearance.
Candidates applying must be eligible for DV level security clearance
Benefits for the Software Lead:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Software Lead:
The Software Lead will provide technical leadership and line & resource manageement of a software engineering team of 5-20 engineers, within the information Assurance Business Unit.
Some of the main duties the Software Lead will include:
* Develop, mentor and lead a team of professional software engineers across embedded RTOS, Windows and Linux platforms in order to provide a capable and multi-skilled team.
* Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and toolchain are selected.
* Responsible for the design, development and delivery of software for multiple projects to ensure the delivery of high quality software.
* Work closely with the system and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
* Ensure that all work within the software team is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process, and that the software development and configuration control plans are adhered to.
* Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
* Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
* Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Software Lead:
* Significant experience of at least one of the following; embedded product development (including RTOSes), Windows and Linux application and driver development.
* Previous experience of line management, resource management and implementing process improvements.
* Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
* Experience of DOORS, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
* Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
* Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, DV security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Lead to progress their career within the Defence industry.