|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Electronics - Information Assurance
My client, a globally leading electronics/defence company, are looking for a Software Lead, a position that is critical to their business.
Ideally candidates will have experience in technically leading a large team of Sotware Engineer's, with a good understanding of line management, resource management and implementing process improvements.
The Software Lead will be looking after a team of up to 20 engineers, and will be expected to have experience of product development, including RTOes, Windows and Linux applications.
All applicants for this Software Lead position must be eligible for SC clearance. Salary will be discussed upon application.
Benefits for Software Lead:
- 5% Bonus
- Generous pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- Flexible working
- Life assurance
- + many others!
Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed:
- Significant experience of at least one of the following; embedded product development (including RTOSes), Windows and Linux application and driver development.
- Previous experience of line management, resource management and implementing process improvements.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of DOORS, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
Key Responsibilities for Software Lead:
- Develop, mentor and lead a team of professional software engineers across embedded RTOS, Windows and Linux platforms in order to provide a capable and multi-skilled team.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and toolchain are selected.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of software for multiple projects to ensure the delivery of high quality software.
- Work closely with the system and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Ensure that all work within the software team is of sufficient quality and is carried out according to process, and that the software development and configuration control plans are adhered to.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
To apply for this exciting Software Lead permanent position please press 'apply now'.
All applicants must be eligible for SC clearance.