|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Software License Manager
Software / IT
Software License Manager required for my client, a globally recognised defence and technology company who are based in Farnborough.
The role of Software License Manager is an integral function with the responsibility of optimising the investment in the companies IT Assets.
The function should define, implement and manage processes for license management for the company. This role is accountable for the technology licensing position, ensuring compliance with best practice and ensuring any cost exposure is managed within stakeholder expectations.
Salary for this position will be discussed upon application. All candidates must be eligible for SC Clearance.
Benefits for Software License Manager:
- Flexible working
- Private health and dental care
- 25 days' holiday
- Competitive pension
- Share scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- & many more!
- Provide management and coordination during vendor audits
- Act as a subject matter expert, assisting groups within and outside of Group IT with license purchasing and knowledge
- Influence license purchasing, assuring adherence to license policy and procedures in conjunction with Procurement
- Develop internal business working relationships and management at different organisational levels and locations, application owners, vendors, and resellers
- Use business relationships to maintain awareness of corporate projects and facilitate continual awareness of new technology releases, upgrades/maintenance, and new service offerings
- Proactively research technology product information in order to provide an evaluation of alternatives and make technology selection recommendations
- Advise IT management, and, if necessary, IT Legal of potential license or contract compliance issues
- Analyse purchase records and other entitlement information to determine effective license position for applications
- Proactively produce relevant reports for IT management and vendors
- Initiate and lead process improvement activities, ranging in scope from departmental to enterprise-wide initiatives
- Responsible for communication and coordination of software license reclamation processes
- Maintain an Asset Management database which contains current and accurate application and entitlement information
- Work closely with implementation and deployment teams to ensure compliant distribution of licenses
Essential Qualifications for Software License Manager:
- ISEB Essentials in Software Asset Management
- Awareness and understanding of the technology license management industry, current trends and emerging challenges, and hold ITIL certification to Foundation level
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications and product user rights
- 3-5 years of detailed experience in delivering complex technology licensing positions for one or more significant vendors
- Implementation or improvement of license processes and tools
- Knowledge of vendor's license models
- Contract analysis and implications
- Experience of defining and implementing processes for organisational control and management of technology license management across a large organisation
- Demonstrable experience with the analysis of discovery tool data
- Knowledge of licensing models across the vendors for entitlements and reconciliation activities.
- Strong communicator - both written and verbal - with strong organisation and multi-tasking skills.
To apply for this exciting Software License Manager position please press 'apply now'.