|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 5 days ago|
Software Quality Engineer
Are you a graduate in computer science or aerospace engineering, with 12-18 months experience and who is looking to take their career to the next level by joining a globally recognised defence company?
My client are looking for a Software Quality Engineer near Bournemouth, a position that is vital to the succession of the buisness.
As Software Quality Engineer, you will be asked to develop, implement and maintain software working procedures to ensure life cycle compliance with software standards/management systems such as ISO9001 & TickITplus, airworthiness requirements, and other Customer contractual conditions. This role could be suitable for either an experienced Software Quality Engineer, or a Graduate Software Engineer/Developer looking to grow their career.
On offer, there is a competitive salary that will be discussed upon application. All applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance.
As a Software Quality Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree and/or or Equivalent experience working within Engineering, Aerospace or Computer Science is essential.
- Software development or engineering experience in a business environment is essential.
- Experience working with ISO9001 Quality standard is essential.
- Recent Quality Assurance experience in a Software Environment, ideally in a safety critical environment or similar is highly desirable.
As a Software Quality Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Monitor, maintain, and implement improvements to the software QMS, including Life Cycle Management, to ensure its effectiveness - update of relevant company procedures as required.
- Implementation of software quality audits to monitor compliance with project plans and company processes including software conformity reviews in advance of releases.
- Ensure effective software problem reporting, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
- Ensure effective software configuration management.
- Generation and implementation of software quality plans.
- Ensure compliance with applicable industry, regulatory and certification requirements.
- Ensure flowdown of software requirements to software suppliers - quality management of software suppliers to ensure delivery of verified software.
- Carry out general software Quality Assurance tasks as required including internal software LCM reviews, software document review and approvals, and software change control and verification activities.
- Ensure independence of software Quality Assurance and development activities are observed.
- TickITplus accreditations management
For this Software Quality position, all applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance.