|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Software Quality Engineer
Permanent - Dorset
Software Quality Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised aerospace company based in Dorset.
Purpose of the Software Quality Engineer:
The Software Quality Engineer will be the Quality authority within CMS engineering Product development teams, to ensure that quality requirements are addressed throughout the engineering development of new products.
Some of the main duties the will include Software Quality Engineer:
· Monitor, maintain, and implement improvements to the software QMS, including Life Cycle Management, to ensure its effectiveness - update of relevant company procedures as required.
· Implementation of software quality audits to monitor compliance with project plans and company processes including software conformity reviews in advance of releases.
· Ensure effective software problem reporting, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
· Ensure effective software configuration management.
· Generation and implementation of software quality plans.
· Ensure compliance with applicable industry, regulatory and certification requirements.
· Ensure flowdown of software requirements to software suppliers - quality management of software suppliers to ensure delivery of verified software.
· Carry out general software Quality Assurance tasks as required including internal software LCM reviews, software document review and approvals, and software change control and verification activities.
· Ensure independence of software Quality Assurance and development activities are observed.
· TickITplus accreditations management
What you need to be the successful Software Quality Engineer:
· Degree and/or or Equivalent experience working within Engineering, Aerospace or Computer Science is essential.
· Software development or engineering experience in a business environment is essential.
· Experience working with ISO9001 Quality standard is essential.
· Recent Quality Assurance experience in a Software Environment, ideally in a safety critical environment or similar is highly desirable.
· Familiar with recognised software standards such as ISO9100 and TickITplus is highly desirable. DO178B experience highly desirable.
· Familiarity with a company software quality audit process and engagement with relevant internal/ external stakeholders is highly desirable.
· Familiar with systems and software engineering processes, and software verification and validation techniques.
· Familiar with configuration management techniques and software configuration management tools.
· Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
· Attention to detail and methodical approach
· Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Quality Engineer to progress their career within the Aerospace industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!