|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Safety, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Lead Software Safety Engineer
£55,000 - £65,000 + Excellent benefits and flexible working.
The Lead Software Safety Engineer will exhibit the following attributes:
- Be able to work on tasks associated with the overall function without placing a burden on the practitioner or expert.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player
- Be able to work at customer or sub-contractor sites with minimal supervision
- Functional Safety Assessments
- Derive safety requirements, including software/firmware integrity requirements
- Document software safety arguments and software safety cases/PESS
- Technical management of supplier software safety to ensure compliance to standards and acceptance
- Review subcontracts software safety documents, including Software Development Plans, Software Safety Plans and associated artefacts
- Plan and conduct software safety audits, managing findings to closure
Working and current knowledge of:
- Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def-Stan 00-055, IEC 61508, RTCA DO- 178C, RTCA DO254
- Software Safety Case development, including the use of the Adelard Safety Case Editor (ASCE)
- Programme Element Safety Summary (PESS) development in accordance with Def-Stan 00-055
- Experience of the software development environment commensurate with Safety Integrity Level 2
- Understanding of the impact of using COTS PE in a safety related environment
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.