|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits and Flexi-time|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Software Safety Engineer.
South Coast (Portsmouth / Chichester / Fareham area).
£50,000 - £60,000 Plus excellent benefits package.
- Functional Safety Assessments to identify safety related software and firmware issues.
- Derive safety requirements, including software and firmware integrity requirements.
- Document software safety arguments and software safety cases.
- Technical management of supplier software safety to ensure compliance to standards.
- Review subcontractor software safety documents, including Software Development Plans, Software Safety Plans and associated artefacts.
- Plan and conduct software safety audits, managing findings to closure.
Skills and Background:
- Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def-Stan 00-055, IEC 61508, RTCA DO- 178C, RTCA DO254
- Software Safety Case development.
- Programme Element Safety Summary (PESS) development in accordance with Def-Stan 00-055
- Experience of the software development environment commensurate with Safety Integrity Level 2
- Understanding of the impact of using COTS PE in a safety related environment
- Experience of Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis and Functional Failure Analysis
- eCassandra experience
Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
Able to work at customer or sub-contractor sites with minimal supervision.