|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Software Test Engineer with an in-depth Software Design, Implementation and Unit Testing.
The successful Software Test Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £40,000 - 45,000 per annum
* 25 days of holiday
* 9 day working fortnight
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: A talented Software Development Engineer is required to join the Software Engineering team. As a Software Development Engineer, you will have worked on programmes through the full Software Engineering lifecycle, with focus on the Software Design, Implementation and Unit Testing aspects of software development.
Some of the main duties of the Software Test Engineer will include:
* Act as the first point of escalation for database support to the 24x7 operation of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
* Deliver professional 2nd-3rd line database support, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment.
* Installation, administration & maintenance of SQL Server instances.
* Setup environments for use within the end to end software delivery lifecycle.
* Create users & assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need.
* Define, design & implement control procedures to maintain "fit for use" access model.
* Continuous improvement of database backup and restoration strategy.
* Monitoring of backup completion and continuous improvement identification.
* Troubleshoot various problems arising in day-to-day work and fix these issues.
What you need to be the successful Software Test Engineer:
You will have been exposed to:
* Development of software level use-cases and requirements from system requirements
* Development of high-level and detailed software design
* Development and execution of software tests and support to software/system integration
* Typically, you may have UML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody/EA) and be familiar with requirements capture tools (e.g. DOORS). You will also be proficient in the use of software source control tools (e.g. SubVersion) and issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA). You may also be a competent developer in Java and/or C# with other languages viewed as a bonus. Any experience diagnosing SQL problems would be beneficial
You will have developed test requirements, test descriptions and test cases and may also be familiar with automated test tools (e.g. in particular Sikuli and/or Eggplant). You will have conducted test runs and be able to provide detailed feedback to support the resolution of issues found.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.