|Location: Brighton, East Sussex||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Kiely|
Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer needed for a client based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced Software Test Engineer with knowledge of: Automation Testing, C#, Gherkin, API's
The successful Software Test Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Circa: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Annual Bonus
Some of the main duties of the Software Test Engineer will include:
- Own and drive the QA strategy within your product workstream
- Perform test scoping, estimation, preparation and execution for application enhancements and bug fixes
- Author detailed test plans, progress reports and end of test reports
- Analyse requirements documentation and provide constructive feedback with detailed test estimations
- Liaise with product managers, business analysts and developers to accurately understand the systems and produce effective test scripts and execution plans
- Perform manual API tests using tools like Postman.
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Define test scenarios based on business requirements written in the Gherkin language format
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Contribute to maintain our internal test automation framework and provide regular feedback for continuous improvement
- Conduct team demos and learning sessions to ensure fluid collaboration and knowledge sharing within the QA and wider development teams
In order to be the successful Software Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- An excellent understanding of a breadth of testing types and techniques.
- Proven track record of test planning and manual & automated test execution of web-based systems and APIs
- Be a great team player, strong verbal and written communicator.
- Strong problem-solving skills & a logical thinker
- Great understanding of business reqs and an ability to drive conversations around quality with product owners and business customers.
- Well organized, with the ability to work to strict deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Experience of Agile principles and practices
- Continuous improvement mindset, always looking for ways to improve
- Test Estimation and recording of Test Actuals
- Understanding of the Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of SQL and MS Visual Studio
- Proficient with TDD, BDD and ATDD models.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.