|Location: London, England||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 13 days ago|
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about renewable energy and the design of electrical systems. If you would like to be involved in the energy transition working on hybrid energy systems then this is for you.
The Solar Hybrid Design Engineer position will be working with engineering, operations, estimating, and business development teams to design high-quality and efficient solar PV Hybrid systems.
The Design Engineer will play an integral and active role in helping execute in-house projects.
* Solar energy system design and layout; interconnection design and equipment selection
* Provide energy production analysis and engineering support during construction, system commissioning and troubleshooting
* Evaluate future technologies and develop internal intellectual property products and offerings. * Develop detailed layouts and electrical design packages for solar PV systems that meet all contractual, code, and permitting requirements.
* Coordinate with civil and structural engineering firms to obtain detailed civil and structural design packages from third party vendors that meet all contractual and permitting requirements.
* Develop single-line and three-line diagrams with required electrical details for solar PV systems in accordance with regulations, utility interconnection tariffs and requirements, and local AHJ as necessary.
* Lead the project interconnection approval process as the primary point of contact with the interconnecting utilities from the application process through final design approval.
* Coordinate and obtain SCADA designs for solar PV systems from third party monitoring companies.
* Develop technical specifications and scopes of work for engineering firms and contractors.
* Conduct on-site solar PV system commissioning, troubleshooting, power quality site analysis, and remediation.
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering and P.Eng
* 2+ years solar PV design experience in commercial solar design.
* Working knowledge in single phase and three phase low and medium voltage power distribution equipment selection and specification.
* Experience in power distribution equipment acceptance testing activities involving control system checks, protective devices and schemes, grounding systems, regulators, electrical transformers, circuit breakers.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and PVSYST
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Interviews will be held within 14 days so we suggest applying immediately if you are interested.