|Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + pension, phone, laptop|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sean Tierney|
Gold Group we have an exciting opportunity for a Solar O&M Manager to be responsible for portfolio. Supported from our technical team, you will be part of a widespread and large team providing preventative and corrective site maintenance across the O&M portfolio. You will have knowledge of LV & HV systems, circuit protection and the ability to diagnose any issues.
Reporting will be a heavy part of the role, this includes writing your own and reviewing the rest of the teams reports before being shared. As part of this role, you will be expected to keep your manager updated with the day to day working of the sites in your area.
You will have extensive support from your manager, as well as our own in house monitoring team to help identify and rectify issues remotely, initially. If faults persist, site visits are expected on a reactive basis. This is additional to planned maintenance visits.
- You will build and work to a planned maintenance schedule
- You will respond in a timely manner to breakdowns
- Diagnose faults and Inspect work in progress and upon completion
- Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
- Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues
- Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment and request specialist components, fixtures or fittings as required
- Advise manager on required stock levels and cost
- Ensure compliance with PSH health and safety policy
- Recommend improvements and modifications
- Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public
- Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report
- Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management
- Participate in internal and external meetings as requested (this may involve extensive travelling)
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Must hold 17th Edition Electrical Regulations qualification
- Senior Authorised Person or Approved Authorised Person preferred but not essential. (training can be provided)
- Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers would be preferable
- Must have been in a similar role for a minimum for 2 years with management responsibilities
- Worked on large scale solar projects
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the BS 7671 Wiring Regulation Standards
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems
- You must be able to understand site drawings and SLDs.
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations
Interviews are being held next week so if you are interested in this opportunity we advise you apply as soon as possible.