|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 25 days ago|
The Solar Design Engineer position will be working with engineering, operations, estimating, and business development teams to design high-quality and efficient solar PV systems.
The Design Engineer will play an integral and active role in helping acquire new business and execute in-house projects.
* Solar energy system design and layout; interconnection design and equipment selection
* Provide energy production analysis and engineering support during construction, system commissioning and troubleshooting
* Evaluate future technologies and develop internal intellectual property products and offerings.
* Develop detailed layouts and electrical design packages for solar PV systems that meet all contractual, code, and permitting requirements.
* Coordinate with civil and structural engineering firms to obtain detailed civil and structural design packages from third party vendors that meet all contractual and permitting requirements.
* Develop single-line and three-line diagrams with required electrical details for solar PV systems in accordance with regulations, utility interconnection tariffs and requirements, and local AHJ as necessary.
* Lead the project interconnection approval process as the primary point of contact with the interconnecting utilities from the application process through final design approval.
* Coordinate and obtain SCADA designs for solar PV systems from third party monitoring companies.
* Develop technical specifications and scopes of work for engineering firms and contractors.
* Conduct on-site solar PV system commissioning, troubleshooting, power quality site analysis, and remediation.
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering and P.Eng
* 2+ years solar PV design experience in commercial solar design.
* Working knowledge in single phase and three phase low and medium voltage power distribution equipment selection and specification.
* Experience in power distribution equipment acceptance testing activities involving control system checks, protective devices and schemes, grounding systems, regulators, electrical transformers, circuit breakers.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and PVSYST
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint