|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £80000 - £90000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
The Solution Architect will be the design lead (chief architect) for a portfolio of business pursuits from opportunity identification through business development support, information presentation and demonstrations, proposals support and successful programme launch. The role has significant customer-facing content and requires a proven ability to engage successfully with customers to understand and elaborate needs, and generate and evolve potential solutions 'live' in customer dialogue.
This specific role will be the design lead for programmes with a significant emphasis on networked electronic warfare and command / control / communications, delivered via a range of legacy and new platforms and customer infrastructure. The design will factor in all defence lines of development. The role will be the design lead for a franchise with multiple bids/programmes individually ranging from £100k to £100m.
What you need to be the successful Information Solution Architect:
- Proven experience in similar roles working to industry best practice standards
- Proven customer-focussed attitude and ability to understand customer business and technical needs, and develop requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of Engineering, Programme Management and leadership
- Able to demonstrate strong technical leadership within a busy operational environment whilst providing guidance and mentoring to other Engineers
- Previous demonstrable experience of designing and delivering complex integrated enterprise solutions, including distributed wide area networked services, electronic warfare/cyber and complex multi-layer architecture.
- Familiarity with Architecture standards such as MODAF, DODAF, TOGAF, GVA
- Proven experience in complex system design, integration and test, performance analysis, particularly in the defence C4ISR domain.
- Technical confidence in a customer facing/consultation role.
- Proven leader with good communication skills with ability to present solution designs to customers and internal team resources. First-class stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance.
In addition to the required skills the experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
- Domain experience in electronic warfare, including radio-frequency detection and countermeasures, software defined radios
- Domain experience in military communications networks
- Domain experience in military vehicle integration
- Experience with system modelling toolsets.
- Experience in working in Electronic Warfare and/or Cyber domains.
- Enterprise integration architecture.
- Data architectures
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Information Solution Architect to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.