|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Solutions Architect required to join a globally established defence company as part of their IT team. The Solutions Architect will be involved with delivering innovative solutions to challenging customer problems. The Solutions Architect will engage directly with customers to capture business requirements and help transform these through analysis and design into system solutions.
They will assist in the creation of detailed designs that integrate with existing technologies. As well as energising the team throughout the engineering lifecycle to ensure the successful and focused delivery of solutions which acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
On offer for the Solutions Architect will be a competitive salary that includes a variety of benefits.
The required skillset for the Solutions Architect:
- Proven experience in complex system design, integration and test, performance analysis, particularly in the commercial IT domain
- Requirements Definition
- Business and Systems Analysis
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Proven ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Proven ability to provide solutions which are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organisation objectives.
- Proven ability to deliver solutions to cost and schedule.
- Technical confidence in a customer facing/consultation role.
- Ability to investigate operational issues, diagnose cause of the defect and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis
- Experience with Agile lifecycles and the Product Owner role
- Experience with Model Based Engineering such as UML and SysML
- Eligibility to obtain SC clearance
Desired skillset of the Solutions Architect:
- Experience with Enterprise Architect (EA)
- Experience with Quality Centre
- Experience with JIRA
Familiarity with any of the following would be appealing:
- Windows (NT/2003/7/2008)
- UNIX OS
- Oracle Databases