|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £50 - £55 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: James Giblin|
RF Power Division
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £50 - £55 p/h depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Sourcing Specialist to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you an exciting career dealing with outsourcing highly complex metal components/assemblies.
We are hiring a contract Sourcing Specialist to join our Business Continuity project team for a 6 month period. You will work alongside Production Engineers and R & D Engineers and report directly to the Project Manager. Experience of outsourcing highly complex metal components/assemblies and associated processes (furnace brazing, plating, vacuum pumping) are desirable. You will operate in a challenging environment, managing high mix, low volume materials and components with detailed specifications and uncompromising quality requirements. Success will depend on your motivation to autonomously drive strategies and objectives through to completion.
Some of the main duties of the Sourcing Specialist will include:
- Contribute to the sourcing strategy for a selected group of commodities, making changes to the supply base and driving various outsourcing initiatives within the project.
- Identify, benchmark and select new suppliers to deliver sourcing objectives including managing supplier issues concerning RoHS and REACH compliancy.
- Establish contracts and framework agreements to ensure security of supply and delivery of improvements against KPIs.
- Identify alternative global commodity sources to reduce supply costs and improve quality.
- Implement and progress effective supplier development plans, yielding tangible improvements.
- Co-ordinate activities between engineering and suppliers to ensure the successful delivery of project outsourcing priorities.
- Manage supplier performance, drawing on your experience and performance data to yield consistent improvements.
- Work within a project team to establish procurement requirements and ensure suppliers are managed to deliver against project milestones, specifications and objectives
In order to be the successful Sourcing Specialist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Strong working knowledge of SAP would be highly advantageous.
- Specific commodity management experience (such as machined metal components, electronic assemblies, ceramics, mechanical assemblies, raw materials).
- Management of RoHS and REACH compliance issues in the supply chain
- Significant procurement experience in a highly technical /engineering environment.
- Knowledge of inventory management and warehousing for technical commodities.
- Significant experience working in a direct manufacturing environment (preferably low volume / high mix).
- Knowledge of supply chain, material management, demand forecasting and engineering change management principles.
- Working with excel to compile and evaluate data will be an important aspect of your role.
- MS Office proficient - Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Travel may be required.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Sourcing Specialist to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!