|Location: Helston, Cornwall||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, IT & Telecoms, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charles Beecroft|
Spacecraft Operations Engineer
My client is a leading provider of satellite data communications services throughout the world with a network covering over one billion people. They are currently looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer.
Spacecraft Operations Engineer main duties and responsibilities:
As a member of the Satellite Operations Team, the Spacecraft Operations Engineer will report to the Spacecraft Manager and shall support the safe operations of the existing fleet and, where operations duties allow, support the procurement and development activities for future missions and projects.
Your tasks will be to support the 24-hour operation of in-orbit satellites, including:
- Taking system level responsibility for one or more spacecraft within the Satellites fleet
- Performing mission planning activities for one or more spacecraft, tasking spacecraft controllers and assisting in live operations as necessary
- Performing day-to-day monitoring of spacecraft performance, health status and telemetry trending as required
- Generating regular, periodic operations reports
- Participating in anomaly investigation (logging, analysis reporting etc.)
- Development of ANDs, GRDs, mimics and off-line tools
- Assisting with development, testing and implementation of automated procedure execution
- Support operations development for future missions and projects
- Providing support and advice to the procurement team as required
- Reviewing of documentation produced by the spacecraft manufacturers, including spacecraft handbooks, design documents, operations procedures, ground-space interfaces etc.
- Validating and optimising flight procedures using spacecraft simulators, including test preparation, execution, reporting and issue tracking
- Providing specialist advice on the development and management of operational databases
- Preparing for and participating in the system verification tests (SVTs) including generating procedures and test reports
- Logging, investigating and reporting on anomalies experienced during test and simulations campaigns
- Participating in LEOP and commissioning phase operations.
- Supporting development and procurement of ground control systems as required
Spacecraft Operations Engineer skills and qualifications required
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Satellite subsystems
- RF communications principles
- Telemetry, telecommand and ranging standards/protocols.
- Development, validation and use of flight operations procedures
- Management and use of dynamic spacecraft simulators and spacecraft operational databases
- Conversant with a variety of analytical tools (e.g. AGI STK,Matlab, Excel etc.)
- Experience of preparation and delivery of training courses
- Experience in the operation of geostationary satellites
- Experience in the use of VBA
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes and life-cycles
For this role, you must be able to or already hold Security Clearance
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.