|Location: London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Senior Specialist in Masonry Façades for Heritage Buildings
Salary Dependant on experience.
We are looking to employ a Senior Specialist in Masonry Façades for heritage buildings to work within our London-based office.
What is the role?
The position would suit a façade engineer, structural engineer, architect or contractor with relevant experience and a desire to work within an innovative group.
You would join a Building Envelopes team which is composed of individuals from engineering, architectural and contracting backgrounds, operating in a cross-disciplinary environment.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing expert technical advice on all matters pertaining to masonry façades, including retained and replacement façades to heritage buildings.
- Working within our Envelope engineering team to deliver services on all refurbishment projects.
- Assisting and informing our structural engineering teams on projects with retained façades.
- Responsibility for aspects of project design from bid-stage to completion.
- Attendance at interviews and client meetings to discuss the technical aspects of a project and our proposed approach.
- Liaising with the wider design team to develop coordinated design proposals.
- Delivery of drawings, specifications and reports to satisfy design and construction programmes.
- We'd like to hear from you if you can
- Carry out site inspections and condition surveys of existing masonry façades.
- Make recommendations for the repair, replacement, cleaning and maintenance of existing façades.
- Prepare design details for remedial and replacement works.
- Communicate design proposals with sketches, drawings and presentations.
- Prepare specifications for new and refurbished masonry façades.
- Use relevant design and analysis software to support your proposals.
- Assess thermal performance and condensation risk. The ability to carry out thermal analysis is desirable, but not essential, as other members of our team can do this.
- Calculate structural properties of proposed wall build-ups. Again, the ability to perform structural analysis is desirable, but not essential.
- Evaluate the effects of structural movements and tolerances on the durability of the façade.
- Advise on appropriate protection measures for retained façades during construction.
- Advise on stone selection and testing.
- Contribute to end of stage design reports.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with specialist subcontractors.
- Review contractor's design proposals and calculations.
- Inspect quarries and stone working facilities to monitor quality control procedures.
- The applicant should have at least 5 years' experience and be able to present five examples of completed projects where the applicant has played a significant role in design and delivery.
- The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.