|Location: London||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ryan Lockyer|
SQL Database Administrator / SQL DBA
Financial, MS SQL, Transact-SQL, Windows, XML, Nagios
London / Richmond
SQL Database Administrator / SQL DBA needed to fill a permanent position for a global financial organisation who are looking to employ an experienced / talented SQL Database Administrator / SQL DBA who has an in depth knowledge of Performance Tuning, Microsoft SQL / MS SQL, SQL Upgrades from 2008 - 2012 / 2012 - 2016, and the Financial Industry.
This role is a permanent position and a brilliant opportunity to join a rapidly growing, market leading organisation. You will be given the chance to improve your technical knowledge whilst working, and to develop / progress your career within the company.
They will give you the following benefits:
- Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
- 23 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus (usually 5-15%)
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the SQL Database Administrator / SQL DBA will include:
- Define, design & implement control procedures to maintain "fit for use" access model.
- Deliver professional 2nd-3rd line database support, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment.
- Act as the first point of escalation for database support to the 24x7 operation of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
- Installation, administration & maintenance of SQL Server instances.
- Setup environments for use within the end to end software delivery lifecycle.
- Create users & assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need.
- Troubleshoot various problems arising in day-to-day work and fix these issues.
- Continuous improvement of database backup and restoration strategy.
- Monitoring of backup completion and continuous improvement identification.
- Continuous improvement of database housekeeping and archive procedures.
- Monitoring and performance tuning:
- Physical server level
- Database level (settings & options)
- Query tuning (Index maintenance and management, housekeeping, memory, CPU, Disk I/O etc)
- Document major changes to SQL Servers.
- Pro-active analysis and investigation of SQL Server upgrades, identifying impacted stored procedures/processing due to deprecated features.
What you need to be the SQL Database Administrator / SQL DBA successful:
Strong candidates will have 7 years experience working within a similar position working in a Windows environment for a Financial / FinTech company. Working specifically on technologies such as ApDynamisc / Nagios / OpsView, MS SQL / Microsoft SQL, Transact SQL, XML, Oracle .Net, Firewalls, Internet Security, SOAP, HTML, Java, IIS and Service Desk Ticketing Systems.
Experience working within the financial Sector (Banking, Investment, Asset Management, Payments, Financial Technology / FinTech etc) is essential in this role! You will be working within a fast passed, challenging environment. Flexibility is key in this role as there is on call work involved (be it very rare that you are ever needed) you will need to be open to helping out the team on this when needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, and to be an integral part of the companies SQL Database Administration Team. If you are interested please apply ASAP as they are looking to hire quickly.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.