|Location: Redhill, Surrey||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Job title: SQL DBA
Based: Redhill, Surrey
Salary: £50,000-£55,000 + benefits and Bonus
Primarily to maintain all company SQL databases & SQL environments, manage all policy data import, audit and reporting processes. To ensure robust retrieval and load processes are in place and that all business critical data is available, accurate and consistent. Provide a supporting role to the DW Developer to maintain the data warehouse ETL processes, design and build new solutions where required. This is a Senior DBA role.
Key responsibilities of the Senior SQL DBA
- Design, build and maintain SQL to load data from various sources including external clients and internal systems.
- Design, build and maintain processes that monitor the status of automated SQL jobs.
- Design, build and maintain SQL and other processes to load data from various source systems into the Data Warehouse SQL environment
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and performance.
- Ensure the requisite levels of security are in place to restrict access to those individuals and rocesses that require it. This included database encryption where required.
- Work with Operational and Commercial colleagues to understand the business information requirements.
- Work with Business Intelligence and other IT colleagues to meet the demands of the business and to promote enhanced solutions.
- Ensure the line manager is informed of any potentially serious issues in a timely manner.
- Always follow industry recognised best practices when designing and implementing solutions where realistically possible.
- Provide technical support to colleagues in the IT department.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time including ad hoc work at other offices where work necessitates being on location.
Essential Tech Skills:
- Highly skilled in Microsoft SQL including an in depth knowledge of Transact-SQL, Query Analyser, DTS and Scheduler , store procedures, views, SSIS
- Able to design, build and maintain automated SSIS packages.
- Knowledge of transactional database designs & modelling
- DBA responsibilities, including backups, security (SQL, AD, NTFS), performance tuning and database maintenance.
- Familiarity with database encryption such as TDE ( Transparent Data Encryption)
- Skilled in Business Analysis & demonstrate an ability to understand clearly what the business information need is behind any request and shape the solution accordingly.
- Experience of working with clients or third party technical departments
- At least 3 years experience in a corporate environment.
- A relevant SQL Server accreditation\certification
- Knowledge of various versions of SQLServer 2008 & 2012 ideally.
- Skilled in building and maintaining data warehouses (Enterprise Model and Star Schema data marts) in SQLServer.
- Familiarity with the full Business Intelligence project lifecycle and data warehousing concepts or exposure to other reporting suites. Msoft, Crystal, Cognos..
- Familiarity of other development languages (XML, .net, vb)
- Previous experience at an assistance company regulated by the FCA
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.