|Location: Newbury, Berkshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
SQL Server Database Administrator
My client is looking for a SQL Server Database Administrator to join their software company. The Successful SQL DBA will manage the SQL Server systems. Maintaining day to day operations of the systems, managing user requests, and working with business owners to identify components of projects requiring SQL Server database services. The role will focus primarily on operations while still working with IT and the business for development projects. This position will work with a suite of tools and both independently as well as collaboratively.
Ideally this position would be based at my client's office, but they are offering the opportunity to be home based with the expectation to come into the office when required.
Some of the main duties of the SQL DBA will include:
- Manage and maintain database backup strategy across various technologies
- Handle user access requests through appropriate channels and approvals
- Apply data modelling techniques to support forward thinking viability
- Monitor system health and perform appropriate remediation when needed
- Perform ETL with various tools as well as T-SQL
- Performance tuning of vendor and in-house applications
- Scope level of effort for project components around data deployments
- Provide 24x7 support for critical systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployments which may fall after hours
- Working within SOX requirements and other regional compliance requirements will be at the forefront of successful operation as long as maintaining a high degree of security focus.
What you need to be the successful SQL DBA:
Skills / Knowledge & Experience
- SQL Server RDBMS Management
- Data Modelling
- ETL (Primarily SSIS)
- Database Backup
- Performance Tuning
- Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with SQL Server
- Microsoft Certified DBA
- Educational qualification
- BA of Science in Information Technology
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a SQL DBA to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.