|Location: Bromley, Kent||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 21 days ago|
SQL Server DBA
My client within financial services based in Bromley, Kent are recruiting for for a SQL Server DBA with solid experience of SQL Server Administartion.
This role is primarily a development SQL Server DBA and not a production support role.
As a SQL Serer DBA you will work as part of an experienced IT Team with a view to taking ownership of the day to day SQL Server Administartion.
As a SQL Server DBA you will recieve the following benefits:
- 24 days holiday allowance
- Competitive pension
- Life cover
- Critical Illness Cover
- Perk-box membership (discounts and freebies)
- Wellness allowance
SQL Server DBA Responsibilities:
- Ensure the availability and security of the on-premise and cloud based SQL Server estate.
- Providing database support to developers, analysts and testers.
- Managing database builds and rollouts.
- Packaging databases for delivery to client sites.
- SQL Performance and Optimisation.
- Involvement in Database design at least to physical level
- Liaison with client sites in the UK, Europe and US (installation, releases, maintenance)
- Defining SQL Standards
- Data security
- Management of SQL Backups
SQL Server DBA Essential Skills:
- SQL Server Administration skills (2016, 2017, and above ).
- Very strong T-SQL skills.
- Performance and Tuning including Query optimization.
- Data Modelling
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines in very fast moving, agile environment.
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex problems.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical staff.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.