|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Storage System Administrator
Storage System Administrator needed for a leading Engineering/IT organisation based in Whiteley who are looking to employ an experienced Storage System Administrator with an in-depth knowledge and experience of Net App and VMWare
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Storage System Administrator will include:
- Administration and ongoing support of our NetApp storage systems and VMware environment within the UK private cloud platform and managed networks.
- Provide technical expertise while operating within agile teams to design, implement, and support solutions that meet business objectives.
- Liaise with customers and external partners where required to provide support for the physical and virtual infrastructure systems.
- Focus on meeting project deliverables by working with product owners and technical leadership to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Carry out routine vulnerability management and remediation using the corporation's provided toolset.
- Maximise repeatability using Infrastructure as code where possible.
What you need to be the successful Storage System Administrator:
In order to be the successful Storage System Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience with designing / developing / integrating systems with significant IT infrastructure technologies (networking, telecommunications, computing, storage, virtualisation)
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex, interdependent software systems
- Demonstrated ability to document and communicate complex systems and abstract concepts to a broad, diverse audience (not just IT)
- Experience of managing multiprotocol NetApp Storage Systems and VMware vCenter Server environments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and ambiguous environment with little direction
- Ability to support diverse technical teams
- Strong customer focus, business acumen, and results orientation
- Proven self-starter demonstrated through related work experience
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Committed to personal excellence, ethical behaviour and integrity
- Full UK Driving License
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator certification, Clustered ONTAP
- Experience of working in an international environment that crosses multiple time-zones, languages, and cultures
- Knowledge of agile development processes from build through to deployment
- Experience of automating common repeatable workloads
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Storage System Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.