|Location: Fort Augustus, Highlands||Salary: £22000 - £32000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liz Collins|
Strategic Road Safety Technician / Engineer
A permanent career opportunity exists for a Strategic Road Safety Technician / Engineer to assist with the investigation of road safety and / or traffic related issues. Producing related reports and subsequent design of road safety and / or traffic-related projects.
Paying a basic salary from £22,000 up to £32,000
The successful Strategic Road Safety Technician / Engineer will be assisting with the following:
- Preparation of the programme of sites for further investigation, in line with delivering the casualty reduction targets for 2020, set out in the Government's Road Safety Framework.
- Preparation of Route Accident Reduction Plans in discussion and consultation with all affected parties via relevant Route Safety Groups.
- Design of projects in accordance with the requirements of the 4th Generation Term Contract and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB).
- Preparation of Accident Investigation and Prevention Reports for submission to Transport Scotland.
- Preparing of Operations Instructions for "Operations Team" and supply chain partners to facilitate the construction of projects.
- Ensure Health and Safety at Work requirements and CDM 2015 Regulations are complied with.
What you need to be the successful Strategic Road Safety Technician / Engineer:
In order to e the successful Strategic Road Safety Technician / Engineer, you will need to have the following:
- An appropriate academic qualification in Civil Engineering would be preferable
- Previous experience as a Road Safety Auditor (preferably with a Highways Agency Certificate of Competency)
- Membership of an appropriate engineering institution
- Have good knowledge of DMRB
- Sound commercial awareness
- Good computer skills particularly in AutoCAD and sign design
- A full approved UK driving licence
The position of Strategic Road Safety Technician / Engineer is a key position within the organisation and would suit a Civil Engineer with proven ability within Highways / Motorways arena. Alternatively, you may already be working within Highways or Motorways sector, and be looking for a new career opportunity focusing on road safety and / or traffic related issues, which assist with improvements contributing to accident reduction plans.
If you are passionate about road safety and traffic accident reduction plans, and are interested in being a Strategic Road Safety Technician / Engineer then please make an application, and apply today. Interviews will take place as soon as possible.