|Location: Watford, Hertfordshire||Salary: £12.00 - £13.00 per hour|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Street Lighting Operative
Duration: 3 months temp - perm
Salary: £12 - £13 per hour
Our client is currently looking for a Street Lighting Operative to carry out fault repairs on Street Lights around the Watford area. You'll be working in a team with Street Lighting Electrician's where you'll meet every morning and head off out to work.
Key Duties for the Street Lighting Operative
- Working safely at all times complying with company and site specific rules, method statements and risk assessments, to ensure compliance with the health and safety at work act at all times.
- Carrying out Fault repairs on Street Lights.
- Setting out and maintaining of appropriate traffic and pedestrian management at work sites.
- Reporting of incidents or near misses in a timely manner
- Wearing appropriate and mandatory issued personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
- General maintenance of street lighting assets, including cleaning and bulk change
- Working at height
- Excavation of trial holes by hand.
- Excavation of hard materials, hand shovelling and sweeping.
- Using cable avoidance tools when excavating
- Installation of temporary and permanent signs
- Assisting with the unloading/loading of materials
Key Skills of a Street Lighting Electrican
- As many Street Lighting Certificates as possible
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Full clean drivers licence
- Street Lighting Expereince
If you are interested, please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.