|Location: Barking, Essex||Salary: £25000 - £27000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Street Lighting Operative
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Our client is currently looking for a Street Lighting Operative to work to instruction from supervisors, ensuring works orders are carried out on time and to required levels of quality. The successful Street Lighting Operative is expected to work safely at all times complying with site rules and permitting regulations.
Key Duties for the Street Lighting Operative
- Toact as a Street lighting operative under the ASLEC/ HERS Registration Scheme
- To work within a small team working on electrical street lighting installation on central London area. Must be able to go up in a MEWP and change luminaires.
- To work within Health and Safety Plans, method statements, risk assessments, are conscious of incident reporting SWMP and environmental plans provided.
- Must be capable of interpreting scaled drawings of basic electrical installations and detailed drawings of underground cabling.
- To ensure that all site works are executed in a time and cost efficient manner whilst ensuring regular liaison with supervisor.
- To maintain plant vehicle and materials record sheets to support the works programme as well as ensuring all plant is fit for purpose and maintained to required standards.
- To assist in the business development of the Street lighting capability of our client
- To undertake other duties and ad hoc projects as required by the business with possible out of hours work including night works.
- To act in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with reference to our Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices.
Essential Skills of a Street Lighting Operative
- G39 certification
- ASLEC Approved
- IPAF qualified
- Manual handling
- Abrasive wheels
- First Aid
- Previous experience in highways maintenance
- Holder of valid driving licence
- HGV Class 2
- NRSWA Units 1 to 9
- HIAB Operations
If you are interested, please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.