|Location: Belvedere, Kent||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Andriana Panayi|
Job Title: Street lighting Supervisor
Location: Belvedere / Westminster
Hours: Core hours 06:30 to 16:00 but occasionally additional hours required to fulfil the role.
Salary: £40K - £45K
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven Street lighting Supervisor to contribute to the success of the business through the implementation of street lighting/ electrical works in a professional and efficient manner ensuring the highest level of health, safety and quality. To further develop the street lighting business throughout other contracts.
Key Responsibilities of Street Lighting Supervisor:
* To act as Qualified Street Lighting Supervisor under the ASLEC/ HERS Registration Scheme.
* To ensure portfolios and other documentation is maintained to the required standard to retain accreditation to the relevant industrial bodies.
* To encourage continual professional development of all key members of staff.
* To prepare and update Health and Safety Plans, method statements, risk assessments, SWMP and environmental plans, ensuring that all new sites or new work orders have the appropriate documentation in place.
* To deliver tool box talks, safety alerts, daily briefings, safety tours and near miss reporting are completed as per company requirements.
* To ensure that all site works are executed in a time and cost-efficient manner whilst ensuring regular liaison with clients, general public, authorities and sub-contractors/ suppliers. Including ensuring that the correct licences/ permits are in place and valid for the works being undertaken.
* To plan work and resource, build programs and spend profiles also update spreadsheets.
* To record, monitor and maintain records of plant, labour and materials and to assist in monthly internal commercial reporting and external contract performance reporting.
* To assist in the business development of the Street lighting capability of the company.
* To undertake other duties and ad hoc projects as required by the business.
* To act in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with reference to our Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices.
* To act in accordance with the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices.
Essential attributes of Street Lighting Supervisor:
* G39 certification
* ASLEC Qualified Supervisor
* NRSWA Units 1 to 16
* Prior experience of contract supervision
* Previous experience of working in the street lighting and public sectors
* Previous role(s) in a commercially focussed organisation
* Computer literate
* Technically competent in industry disciplines
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills at all levels
* High business ethics - honesty, respect for the individual, culturally unbiased
* Individual thinker capable of actively contributing to the delivery of team performance
* Ability to operate in a collaborative manner to ensure other parties are fully engaged
* Strong customer focus and excellent customer service skills
* Commercially aware
* Demonstrable ability to work in a busy environment
* Experience of working under pressure
* Strong concern for order and quality
* Robust attention to detail
* Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise
Desirable attributes of Street Lighting Supervisor:
* IOSH Health & Safety qualifications
* First aider
* Knowledge of CMS and remote monitoring systems
* Delivery focused
This role will involve travel to other company and customer locations, and therefore the job holder must be able to drive and possess a full UK driving licence.