|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
This role represents a position in the Structural Integrity Group as as Stress Analyst. The candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this field, to allow support, mentoring and guidance to be provided throughout the Company and Customer stakeholder community. The role will fall within the Structural Integrity Group (SIG), a sub-function of the Mechanical Engineering Department and will be focused on supporting Vehicles and other Projects
Required skills, qualifications and experience of Structural Engineer
I am currently looking for an experienced stress engineer who is capable of undertaking detailed stress analysis using both classical hand-calculations and FE modelling.
The candidate will have a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the Aerospace (Defence/Commercial) Industry. Previous experience of working on Guided Weapons or Fighting Vehicles would be preferable, but not essential.
- BEng (Hons) Degree in Aerospace Engineering, plus minimum of 5 years industrial experience.
- Experience of Detail Stress Analysis using Hand-Calculation Techniques.
- Experience of Nastran/Patran / Siemens NX / MSC One.
- MS Excel & Word skills (Essential).
- Good knowledge of metallic materials, including types, specifications, properties and application.
- Good knowledge of fasteners and welds strength assessment and their associated specifications.
- Basic knowledge of modelling and analysis of composite materials, as well their manufacturing process.
- Capable of writing clear and concise strength summary reports demonstrating adequate strength margins for all significant modes of failure.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
- Provide design support to manufacture.
- Basic knowledge of Defence Standards (DEF-STAN / MIL-SPEC / STANAG) would be preferable.
This is a fantastic opoprtunity for Structural Engineer to get there foot in the door of a globally recgonised organision, make sure you apply so you don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the position of Structural Engineer must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.