|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £38000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Structural Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Structural Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of undertaking detailed stress analysis using both classical hand-calculations and FE modelling, good knowledge of metallic materials, including types, specifications, properties and application, and the Aerospace/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Structural Engineer will include:
This role represents a position in the Structural Integrity Group as Stress Analyst. The candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this field, to allow support, mentoring and guidance to be provided throughout the Company and Customer stakeholder community. The role will fall within the Structural Integrity Group (SIG), a sub-function of the Mechanical Engineering Department and will be focused on supporting Vehicles and other Projects
What you need to be the successful Structural Engineer:
In order to be the successful Structural Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- BEng (Hons) Degree in Aerospace Engineering, plus minimum of 5 years industrial experience.
- Experience of Detail Stress Analysis using Hand-Calculation Techniques.
- Experience of Nastran/Patran / Siemens NX / MSC One.
- MS Excel & Word skills (Essential).
- Good knowledge of metallic materials, including types, specifications, properties and application.
- Good knowledge of fasteners and welds strength assessment and their associated specifications.
- Basic knowledge of modelling and analysis of composite materials, as well their manufacturing process.
- Capable of writing clear and concise strength summary reports demonstrating adequate strength margins for all significant modes of failure.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
- Provide design support to manufacture.
- Basic knowledge of Defence Standards (DEF-STAN / MIL-SPEC / STANAG) would be preferable.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Structural Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all candidates moving forward for the Structural Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.