|Location: Sevenoaks, Kent||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Salary from 35000.00 to 40000.00 + Benefits
Job Description for the Structual Engineer
Our client is a fantastic main contractor within the Utilities, Highway and Electrical division.
They have a great new opportunity where they are seeking a Structual Engineer to join their Consultancy Division, based in Sevenoaks.
This brand-new role is full time and offers a competitive salary and wide range of benefits.
About the Structural Engineer Role
- As a Structural Engineer you will work closely and collaboratively with internal and external clients throughout the project lifecycle, to guarantee technical and quality compliance through the provision of pro-active technical solutions and designs.
- Responsibilities of our Structural Engineer:
- Production of structural designs associated with concrete, steel, timber and masonry materials.
- Structural design of permanent and temporary works, in accordance with relevant design standards and codes of practice.
- Carrying out structural assessments of all forms of structures (highways and buildings.)
- Supporting Local Authorities in their asset management strategies, by leading inspections of highway structures and site surveys.
- Manage health and safety during the design and construction phases.
- Assisting with the preparation of tender documents by preparing fee proposals and quality statements.
What we're looking for in our Structural Engineer
- We are looking for a Chartered or near Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE.)
- You will hold a CSCS card and relevant health and safety certifications.
- It is important that you have experience of design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete and steel.
- Alongside a working knowledge of CAD, Revit and NEC3 contracts.
This is a great opportunity to work part of an expanding business, please get in touch!