|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Subcontractor Buyer needed for a leading Defence and Military company, based in Buckinghamshire. They are looking to employ an experienced Subcontractor Buyer, who has an in-depth knowledge of computer-based systems including ERP/ IFS, someone who is willing to negotiate sub-con contracts by utilizing a strong technical, commercial and bid knowledge and someone who has experience within the Defence/ Military/ Aerospace Industries.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Subcontractor Buyer will include:
- To develop and manage an agile, robust, approved vendor base at the commodity group level focused on technological improvement and reduction of cost
- To take project delivery responsibility as determined by project milestones, for the on-time-in-full delivery of materials and services
- To negotiate sub-con contracts by utilizing a strong technical, commercial and bid knowledge
- To identify and develop two - way, "win-win" supplier-customer relationships
- To support KPI requirements
- Validation of Purchase Requisitions and negotiation with vendors (where required) to ensure the best quality, cost and delivery (QCD) performance is achieved
- Timely issue and expediting of Purchase Orders in accordance with company procedures and processes to ensure the best possible terms with respect to QCD and risk mitigation are achieved and therefore, reduce the total cost of ownership. Obtaining written order acknowledgements against all PO's in a timely manner will be instrumental to the procurement process
- Utilise competitive tendering wherever product design and /or time constraints allow
- To implement effective supplier relationship management (SRM) with strategic/key vendors
- To measure and report vendor QCD performance, implement improvement plans and implement corrective actions for unsatisfactory performance
- To support the development of an approved vendor based and ensure its accurate recording in the IFS database
- Support the Business in the pursuit of "best-practice" procurement solutions
- Identify opportunities for spend-leverage with suppliers wherever possible
- Assist is the selection of new suppliers via a common set of criteria and scoring matrix
- Support procurement department objectives and KPI's and be instrumental in supporting their achievement
- Support the timely return of any defective material deliveries to respective vendors and procure replacement materials in accordance with company procedures and processes whilst minimizing any impact on project milestones
- Liaise with Production, QA and Programmes to ensure product and service quality levels are maximized.
What you need to be the successful Subcontractor Buyer:
In order to be the successful Subcontractor Buyer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Frequently used computer-based systems include (but limited to): IFS, ERP is preferred, MS outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Buckinghamshire based position with possible visits off-site to meet and negotiate with suppliers. There will also be regular travel to our other sites.
- Commitment beyond normal working hours may be required from time to time to meet project/departmental/business objectives.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Subcontractor Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Subcontractor Buyer, you must be eligible for Security Clearance.