|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Subcontract Manager required to join a globally established defence / electronics company in the High Wycombe area as part of their Materials Team, supporting the development of both tactical and strategic supplier relationships. The Subcontract Manager will lead and facilitate the development of the companies procurement strategy, establish and manage nominated subcontracts for their programmes and act as the focal authority for providing the supply chain strategy and costings of EQ's / Bid's for systems, services and supply chain solutions.
On offer for the Subcontract Manager is a competitive salary with a wealth of benefits.
Accountabilities of the Subcontract Manager
- Formulation of procurement and supply chain strategy and ensuring that it is kept current.
- For ensuring that procurement activities are undertaken in line with the procurement and supply chain strategy.
- For the accuracy of estimated material costs generated in support of bids & projects and driving cost reductions.
- For maintaining accurate material RC estimates for all major products throughout the life cycle
Some of the main responsibilities of the Subcontract Manager include:
- Developing the strategic procurement and supply chain strategy and providing direction to electronic and mechanical commodity leads to ensure effective implementation.
- Being the Materials focal for bids, coordinating the generation of material costings with the commodity leads/cost estimator and identifying opportunities for cost reductions.
- To generate a materials procurement strategy for each major project from inception and arrange for make/buy assessments to be undertaken, where necessary.
- In line with the Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy work with the Materials Team and Quality Teams to enhance the supplier performance, including quality and OTD.
- System level, Assembly & Services subcontracts formation/management for designated major projects.
- Support the drafting and updating of departmental / group procedures, adopting flexible, continuous improvement practices at all times.
- Ensure that KPI metrics are developed and progressed in line with company expectations.
- Identify and implement strategic procurement process improvements and introduce best practice procurement and supply chain management techniques.
- Seek and identify areas for improvement in line with the strategic framework of the procurement organisation, with the goal of improving service levels to all internal customers.
- Be responsible for selecting sources of supply and negotiating commercial agreements, leveraging preferential terms for the business.
- Assist in the maintenance of a minimal selection of suppliers to adopt a 'lean & agile' supply chain targeting the lifecycle costs of supply approach to minimise cost and increase profit throughout the value stream
Skillset required to be the successful Subcontract Manager
- Experience of working in an defence engineering / industrial sector
- Management of subcontracts at system level
- Experience of electro / mechanical system and sub contract assembly procurement
- Working knowledge of SCRIA and SC-21 initiatives
- Incentivisation of suppliers and establishing tactical and strategic procurement initiatives
- Negotiating and constructing appropriate contracts for the supply of services and products
- Effective development of strong supplier relationships using appropriate RRM measurement and assessment mechanisms
- Management of single source suppliers
- Deployment of Supply Chain Metrics and maintenance of a Supplier Matrix
- Experience of supply and procurement management of electrical and electronic equipment and components
- Selection, ranking and organisation of suppliers into strategic and tactical groupings
- Deployment of supply chain improvement initiatives
- Familiar with export control and ITAR
- Understanding of ISO9000 system or equivalent
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.