|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £50 - £60 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Subcontract Supplier Manager to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This will be on an initial 12 month contract.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The Senior Supplier Subcontract Manager role is part of the Global Supply Chain Organisation based at Ampthill, Bedfordshire. The successful candidate will join a renowned international defence company, with a range of technically innovative products and excellent opportunities for career progression and personal and professional development.
Focussing on managing supplier performance, it primarily supports the development and production of bespoke systems for armoured vehicles for the UK and international markets, whilst offering the chance to diversify into other sectors.
Success requires experience of working in a functional organisation, and a blend of proven skills including relationship building. The role achieves delivery on time and in full through the ability to successfully negotiate and manage more complex subcontracts.
Implements and makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor. Leads a multifunctional Subcontract team (SMT) normally composed of engineers, quality and procurement personnel.
Typically, the Senior Supplier Subcontract Manager will lead a multi-functional integrated subcontract team with the responsibility for delivering the cost, technical, schedule, and quality performance of a Major Subcontract(s) to meet a variety of programme and business requirements. They will direct and manage all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements levied on the subcontractor. They will act as the main focal point to the subcontractor; briefing executive management and the customer on the status and issues affecting performance or cost.
Specific responsibilities may extend across the product life cycle from bid to in service support and include:
- Establishing milestone objectives and managing performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
- Leading the cross functional Supplier Management Team
- Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with the internal customer(s)
- Owning technical, schedule, quality and cost subcontract requirements.
- Using best practices and processes for subcontract management, including cost management, earned value, risk management.
- Ensuring that the subcontract schedule and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
- Configuration control of the subcontract and associated documentation
- Conducting Programme Reviews and providing accurate, concise, and timely status reports to senior executives and corporate management within as required by the Business Rhythm
- Managing any supplier improvement programme working with the Supply Chain Excellence Manager
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Demonstrable success as a supply chain professional delivering against requirements for complex subcontracts, ranging from build to print - system design to specification.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive effective Supplier relationships
- Experience in working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
- Strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand the procured product, and the critical processes and sub-tier suppliers that it is dependent upon.
- Capable of identifying and mitigating risks and effective issue resolution.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
- Team player with strong management skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)
- Flexibility to travel as required (UK and abroad)
- Supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Application of Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of SAP (or similar) ERP systems
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC) TO START!
Click apply now to be considered!