|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Subcontract Supplier Manager
Subcontract Supplier Manager needed for a leading Defence company based in Bedfordshire. They are looking to employ an experienced Subcontract Supplier Manager, who can demonstrable success as a supply chain professional delivering against requirements for complex subcontracts, someone who can develop and maintain positive effective Supplier relationships and someone with strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills
What the role entails:
Typically, the Senior Supplier Subcontract Manager will lead a multi-functional integrated subcontract team with the responsibility for delivering the cost, technical, schedule, and quality performance of a Major Subcontract(s) to meet a variety of programme and business requirements. They will direct and manage all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements levied on the subcontractor. They will act as the main focal point to the subcontractor; briefing executive management and the customer on the status and issues affecting performance or cost.
Specific responsibilities may extend across the product life cycle from bid to in service support and include:
- Establishing milestone objectives and managing performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
- Leading the cross functional Supplier Management Team
- Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with the internal customer(s)
- Owning technical, schedule, quality and cost subcontract requirements.
- Using best practices and processes for subcontract management, including cost management, earned value, risk management.
- Ensuring that the subcontract schedule and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
- Configuration control of the subcontract and associated documentation
- Conducting Programme Reviews and providing accurate, concise, and timely status reports to senior executives and corporate management within the company as required by the Business Rhythm
- Managing any supplier improvement programme working with the Supply Chain Excellence Manager
What you need to be the successful Subcontract Supplier Manager:
In order to be the successful Subcontract Supplier Manager Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable success as a supply chain professional delivering against requirements for complex subcontracts, ranging from build to print - system design to specification.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive effective Supplier relationships
- Experience in working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
- Strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand the procured product, and the critical processes and sub-tier suppliers that it is dependent upon.
- Capable of identifying and mitigating risks and effective issue resolution.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
- Team player with strong management skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written)
- Flexibility to travel as required (UK and abroad)
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Application of Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of SAP (or similar) ERP systems
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Subcontract Supplier Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Subcontract Supplier Manager, you must be eligible for Security Clearance.