|Location: Ramsey, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Andriana Panayi||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Supervisor (Plant Workshop)
Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:30-17:30 & Friday 07:30 - 17:00
We are currently looking to recruit a Plant Workshop Supervisor to lead the Workshop Technicians within our Plant Team in Ramsey.
In this role you will be reporting to the National Workshop Manager. the Plant Workshop Supervisor will be Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the Plant workshop activities such as the preparation, on-going and planned works that include; Health & Safety, planning, allocation of equipment/tools.
Details of Supervisor (Plant Workshop) role:
- Oversee safe working of staff and contractors who are in the workshops, including preparation of any necessary Permit to Work documents.
- Supervision of the apprentices.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment within the workshops are used efficiently and safely and that such equipment is maintained in accordance with manufactures recommendation and all appropriate records are kept up to date.
- Ensure that specific equipment is calibrated annually and accurate records are archived.
- Ensure all equipment within the workshop is identified on company asset registers, and tracked.
- Carry out repairs; services - fault finding on a variety of plant.
- Be responsible for, and ensure that the workshops and Technical Areas are adequately maintained, organised and kept in a clean and tidy condition. Ensure good, safe working practices in the workshops are maintained at all times with compliance to the Company's HSE policies.
- Provide a weekly status report to the Workshop Manager.
- Maintain records in accordance with internal quality systems, procedures and ISO 9001.
- Carry out QA inspections on ever asset.
Key Skills & Experience required of Supervisor (Plant Workshop):
- Experience of carrying out supervisor or equivalent within the pant sector
- NVQ Level 2 in mechanical or plant engineering or equivalent
- A good understanding of Diesel, petrol engines, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to analyse problems and fault find.
- Prioritisation and responsibility skills.
- Good communicator.
- Full UK drivers Licence
If the above applies to you please apply today!