|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Supplier Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Supplier Manager who will lead a subcontract team with the responsibility for delivering the cost, technical, schedule, and quality performance of a Major Subcontracts to meet a variety of programme and business requirements.
The successful Supplier Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Health insurance coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Sick and bereavement leave
- Free, on-site flu shots
- Free, confidential, on-site biometric health screenings
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supplier Manager will include:
- Leading the cross functional Supplier Management Team
- Establishing milestone objectives and managing performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the internal customers
- Using best practices for subcontract management, including cost management, earned value, risk management.
- Owning technical, schedule, quality and cost subcontract requirements.
- Ensuring that the subcontract schedule and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
- Conducting Programme Reviews and providing accurate, concise, and timely status reports to senior executives and corporate management as required by the Business Rhythm
- Configuration control of the subcontract and associated documentation
- Managing any supplier improvement programme working with the Supply Chain Excellence Manager
What you need to be the successful Supplier Manager:
In order to be the successful Supplier Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Ability to develop and maintain positive effective Supplier relationships
- Demonstrable success as a supply chain professional delivering against requirements for complex subcontracts, ranging from build to print - system design to specification.
- Experience in working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
- Strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand the procured product, and the critical processes and sub-tier suppliers that it is dependent upon.
- Capable of identifying and mitigating risks and effective issue resolution.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with strong management skills.
- Flexibility to travel as required
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!